Turner Lovell have been retained to identify dynamic leaders for a range of senior management positions within an ambitious offshore wind start up developer. Our client, backed by one of Europe’s leading energy providers aims to secure a large market share and take a leading role in the sector with investments planned up to €2Bn. They plan to develop, build, connect and maintain offshore wind and HVDC infrastructure in Europe, the USA and the Middle-East. We are searching for candidate who have a strong entrepreneurial mindset and in-depth knowledge of the offshore wind industry and the ability to lead teams in both corporate and start-up environments.
The company is offering industry leading salary packages, fantastic career development opportunities, and the opportunity to work remotely and travel to EU HQ as required.
Please see a summary of the open leadership positions we are shortlisting. Full job descriptions are available on request. For more information, please contact Curtis Thompson or Marcia Colin – firstname.lastname@example.org / +44(0)2074481100 to arrange a confidential conversation about your current situation.
Business Development & Partnership Manager
Ideal candidate – Extensive experience developing international partnerships, consortium, and customers in offshore wind and HVDC sector. The overarching aim of the role will be identify and create opportunities to win offshore wind farm and HVDC development auctions and strengthen the company’s reputation in offshore sector. You will have an entrepreneurial mindset, in-depth knowledge of the offshore wind industry, respected industry reputation, and a track record of winning complex development opportunities for offshore wind farm and HVDC interconnector auctions.
- Dynamically develop close contacts with existing and potential partners and other relevant parties in the offshore wind / HDVC sector
- Assess attractiveness of offshore opportunities and provide market intelligence and data to support investment decisions.
- Influence the market/partners in early phase discussions providing various solutions to create favourable opportunities in offshore wind and interconnector tenders.
- Negotiate partnership setups, scope and responsibility, and governance of partnership structures, coordinate pre-qualification process when required.
Senior Bid Manager x2
Ideal candidate: In-depth knowledge of the offshore wind / HVDC industry, a track record of developing bid strategies and evidence of winning complex tenders. You will be able to negotiate agreements in the North Sea, Baltic Sea and international markets with sound commercial, business and technical acumen. As Bid Manager, you will join a start-up already exploring a strong pipeline of projects in the offshore wind and HVDC sector.
- Lead the strategy development and execution of bid/tender strategies to win offshore grid, HVDC and wind farm developments.
- Manage and maintain positive external stakeholders’ relationships to facilitate project delivery.
- Oversee the delivery of tender documentation and other milestones as part of the bid strategy and auction rules.
Grid Planning Manager
Ideal Candidate: Leading knowledge of offshore grid planning, power systems studies and experience working in international locations. The team has the objective to prepare and ready the company to execute offshore wind and HVDC interconnector projects successfully. The ideal candidate will be a successful leader, excellent knowledge of the European transmission sector, the latest technologies and future project opportunities. You will have a reputation for developing diverse and talented teams and a willingness to be hands-on when required.
- Develop conceptual grid integration strategies and power system planning requirements for offshore grid connections within target territories.
- Identify opportunities to develop an integrated, meshed European offshore grid such as the PROMOTioN project.
- Act as a key interface between the company, consortium partners, internal onshore / offshore transmission planning teams and projects.
Environmental Permitting Manager
Ideal candidate – Responsible forcoordinating permitting in North Sea & Baltic Sea and organising consents for offshore wind and HVDC developments. Working close with senior leadership and project teams, you will support project planning by offering specialist advice in permitting / consents and environmental regulations.
- Establish policies and manage company compliance with permitting and environmental protection requirements in complex offshore projects.
- Work closely with Bid Managers to develop a permitting strategy to secure permits for offshore wind farm developments.
- Oversee compliance with permits and environmental regulations during development and construction of offshore grid and wind farms.
- Lead the permitting process as the company expands into international markets.
Financial Structuring Manager
The ideal candidate – Experience in corporate finance, private equity or consulting, to define the finance structuring strategy, funding options, asset rotation options and partnerships with financial institutions. Responsible for providing critical input and expert advice required to decide the structure of project financing for offshore wind and HVDC projects.
- Define financial structuring strategy and asset rotation options for short-term and long-term project pipeline and assets.
- Take the lead role representing the company on investment decisions to the markets.
- Drive negotiation processes during sell-offs of wind offshore project shares with banks, investment banks, and investors.
Investment Valuation Manager
Ideal candidate: In-depth knowledge of M&A activity in the clean energy / offshore wind industry, strong valuation and modelling experience and a track record of participating in high value investment transactions. You will provide crucial input for the valuation of investment opportunities and preparation of investment decisions in offshore wind and grid projects.
- Carry out quantitative and qualitative analyses to assess the financial attractiveness of project opportunities (e.g., offshore grid development)
- Build, develop and maintain financial models in the context of acquisitions and establish valuation processes and standards.
- Provide guidance and support to the Business Development and M&A team for investment, bid and partnering evaluations and preparation of decision making.
- Prepare, execute and direct financial due diligence processes.